In conjunction with Kazel Cass at Hotgrass, we have a couple of electric weeding demonstrations. So if you’re interested in non-herbicide non-mechanical weeding, get along for a personal encounter.
- 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Monday 11 December
- Centre for Land and Water
21 Ruahapia Rd, Hastings
Kazel Cass (Kazel@hotgrass.co.nz or 021 033 2428)
Hotgrass uses the RootWaveTM Pro Electrothermal Weeder technology designed and manufactured by RootWave in the UK. They suggest this is:
- Sustainable, using a generator it uses a fraction of fuel required for thermal (steam, hot water) weed control.
- Organic, the only input is electricity. No need to carry tonnes of water, or toxic agri-chemicals
- Effective, trials in the UK show it is effective against some of the toughest weeds because it gets down to the root of the problem. It is able to control weeds that are resistant to herbicides
- Manoeuvrable, because the device has a small footprint, and doesn’t require any water, it can be loaded onto small utility vehicles